You rely on your travel trailer to go just about anywhere. No matter where you end up, it's good to know you have help by your side in case of a mishap. Here's how you can get in touch to file a travel trailer claim.
travel trailer claims contact info
For policies underwritten by Progressive
(24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
filing your travel trailer claim
No matter what type of claim you have — stemming from a collision with another vehicle or from a non-collision incident such as vandalism, fire, or property theft — try to gather as much of the following information at the scene as you can:
- Number of people involved and their names
- Addresses and phone numbers of everyone involved
- Details of others' insurance companies (company name, specific policy number, phone number, and address, if possible)
- License plate numbers of any vehicles involved
- Descriptions of any vehicles involved, including year, make, and model
- Witness information, including names and contact information
- Photos of the damage and/or vandalism
- Police and/or fire department responder names and report numbers
getting your travel trailer repaired
After you file your claim, a claims representative will set up an appointment for an adjuster to view any damage to your trailer.
While you may be able to find an auto shop that services trailers, it's best to find a shop that specializes in travel trailers. Given trailers' size and extra features, many basic auto shops aren't equipped to provide comprehensive travel trailer services. Your claims rep will be happy to point you in the direction of reputable local repair shops.
receiving your settlement
The settlement amount you receive for your claim depends on the amount of coverage you selected on your travel trailer insurance.
If your trailer was totaled (the damage exceeds the total value of the trailer), you can typically get funds for a replacement unit through your comprehensive and collision coverage. Comprehensive and collision coverage also kicks in to help replace a stolen trailer.
More about travel trailer insurance
Looking for another insurance product?