Esurance Launches Car Insurance in Rhode Island
San Francisco, CA — January 17, 2013
Esurance, the direct-to-consumer personal car insurance company, is now offering car insurance in Rhode Island.
Through their innovative approach to car insurance, Esurance enables drivers in the Ocean State to take advantage of affordable rates, great discounts, and cutting-edge technology. Esurance is insurance for the modern world™, offering customers an intuitive and efficient quoting process, easy policy management and timely resolution to claims.
The company empowers people to make smart choices about their car insurance by offering easy-to-use online tools, such as Coverage Counselor® and Express Lane™, comparison quotes, and a convenient mobile app, while also providing 24/7 customer service. Esurance can also help consumers with their home, renters, life, health, motorcycle, and even cell phone insurance needs.
In addition, Esurance offers car insurance savings to Rhode Island customers in same-sex marriages or domestic partnerships, giving committed same-sex couples the same savings opportunities as other married couples. These drivers could save 10 percent or more on their Esurance car insurance premiums, though savings may vary depending on a number of pricing factors, including driving record, accident history, and vehicle.*
Backed by Allstate, the largest publicly held personal lines insurer in the U.S., Esurance offers a wealth of car insurance discounts to Rhode Island consumers, including:
- DriveSense™ discount – qualified drivers get an immediate five percent discount on their policy when they install a small telematic device in the car's onboard diagnostic port (OBD)
- Switch & Save® discount – customers who switch to Esurance from their current company can qualify for a five percent discount
- Multi-Car discount – available for those insuring two or more cars on the same policy
- Homeowners discount – for customers who own a home or condo
- Claim-Free discount – savings of 15 percent for those who haven't filed certain types of claims in the past three years
- Paid in Full discount – drivers who pay their premium all at once get a discount of up to 10 percent
- Good Student discount – for drivers under 25, enrolled full-time in high school, community college, or university, with a "B" average or better
Drivers in Rhode Island who'd like to take advantage of these and other money-saving discounts on car insurance can go to www.esurance.com or call 1-800-ESURANCE (1-800-378-7262).
For more information about Esurance's launch in Rhode Island, check out their page on Rhode Island car insurance, or visit the Esurance blog.
*According to Esurance's multi-state analysis in 2011, 10 percent is the average premium savings realized when couples are rated as "married" rather than "single." The actual savings rate may vary widely.
When a driver selects "domestic partner" as his or her marital status, they will be rated with the same factors used for drivers with "married" as their marital status. Same-sex couples in a civil union will get a "married" rate when they list on the same policy, which may be a lower rate than those previously available to such non-married individuals. This rate applies to two persons of the same or opposite sex who form a civil union.
Esurance provides auto insurance direct to consumers online, over the phone, and through select agents, including sister company, Answer Financial. With an easy-to-use mobile app, quick comparison quotes, and online repair monitoring, Esurance is insurance for the modern world™ and the smart choice for today's web-savvy consumer. As a member of the Allstate family with an A+ rating from A.M. Best, Esurance is a reliable choice for car insurance, offering anytime, anywhere service just a click, call, or tap away. For more information, visit www.esurance.com or call 1-800-ESURANCE (1-800-378-7262).