do i need scooter insurance coverage?

With such a large selection of scooter insurance coverage options available, it can be a bit overwhelming trying to remember what each one covers you for. But ensuring you have the right coverages and limits on your motor scooter policy can make all the difference in the event of a claim.

Wide-ranging coverage options let you ride with confidence

scooter insurance and the law

State law requires that all scooter riders carry at least basic liability coverage for bodily injury and property damage to others. In the event that you cause an accident, bodily injury coverage helps pay for others' medical bills, and property damage coverage helps with repair costs to others' property.

state requirements for scooter coverage

Some states require more coverage than others, like uninsured motorist coverage, which helps pay for you and your passengers' medical bills and property damage repair costs if someone without insurance (or sufficient insurance) hits you.

A handful of states require personal injury protection (PIP). Generally, scooter PIP insurance covers you and your passengers, regardless of fault in an accident, for things like medical expenses and lost wages.

When you get your free scooter insurance quote, you can review your coverage options, as well as customize your limits and deductibles.

types of scooter and moped insurance coverage

With the right coverages, you can rest assured knowing you're protected no matter what arises on the open road. Here's the rundown on coverage options for your motor scooter — from information on basic liability coverage to optional coverages that give you added security and peace of mind.

Liability insurance

Comprehensive and collision coverage

Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage

Medical payments coverage

Trip interruption coverage

Total loss coverage

Towing and labor coverage

Wonder if you could be saving on scooter insurance?

Get your free quote online.

Or call 1-866-455-1980.

More about scooter insurance

Looking for another insurance product?