get an illinois homeowners insurance quote
illinois homeowners insurance
You don't imagine anything going wrong in your home in Illinois. It's the place where the oven always gets turned off, the roof never leaks, and the storm never starts (and for good measure, you just watched the Cubs win the World Series … Hey, we're talking ideal scenarios, right?). In reality, though, things rarely go that smoothly. Fortunately, if the unimaginable happens, homeowners insurance helps you be prepared.
Whether a fire breaks out in your kitchen or ice and snow damage your roof, home insurance is in your corner. Get a free quote for Illinois homeowners insurance and learn how an Esurance policy can help rebuild your home, replace lost belongings, and protect the financial future of your family.
"Best of Service"
"The customer staff are very caring. They answer questions promptly and have helped in all my inquiries."
— Linda K.
"Beat all other pricing while not making me sacrifice my personalized coverage."
— Douglas F.
home insurance discounts in illinois
As a homeowner, it's important to have a policy that has your back and gives back. You treat your house well, and you should be rewarded for it. That's why having an Esurance policy gets you tons of simple-to-score discounts that help keep money in your wallet (and even put some back!).
For instance, it's good for every house to have a solid security system — whether it's to prevent theft or fire. That's why if you've installed everyday safety features like a burglar alarm or smoke detector, you could score our Home Safety Features discount.
Want savings on your first 2 policy terms? It's as easy as this: to welcome you to Esurance (whether you're coming to us from another home insurer or are insuring a newly purchased home with us), we grant you our Welcome Home discount.
Other discounts in the Land of Lincoln include:
- DIY Inspection discount
- Loyal Customer discount
- Claim-Free discount
- Multi-Policy discount*
- Smoke-Free discount
- Preferred Buyer discount
- Hail Resistant Roof discount
- Future Effective Date discount
- New Home discount
standard illinois home coverages
Your homeowners policy does much more than merely insure the structure of your home — it protects your everyday items, your family's liability, and could even come to your aid in the event of accidental damage to a neighbor's property. If your dream home takes a temporary dive, your Illinois homeowners insurance has a great assortment of coverages that come standard with your policy.
Living in the Prairie State has its perks, but the weather isn't always one of them. If a covered risk like your (in)famous wind or even hail or fire causes major damage to your home, your homeowners insurance can help you repair or rebuild. It's smart to purchase at least enough dwelling protection coverage to cover the total cost of rebuilding your home. You can always up your level of coverage if you'd like.
With your state's impressive (and terrifying) average of 54 tornadoes annually, it makes sense that you'd want coverage for your belongings in addition to the structure of your home. With our personal property coverage, your furniture, electronics, clothes, appliances, and other odds and ends are more secure against theft, damage, and many of Mother Nature's more violent mood swings.
Other home coverages that come standard in Illinois include:
- Guest medical protection
- Other structures protection
- Additional living expense coverage
- Family liability protection
more protection with optional coverages
But what about big-ticket valuables and other specialty items? Luckily, you can always get more from your homeowners policy by purchasing an insurance rider for your home in Illinois.
If a covered incident causes your dishwasher to foam at the mouth (or door), this coverage will help you upgrade energy-inefficient appliances to an ENERGY STAR® qualified product.
Standard personal property coverage might not be enough to secure your most prized (or priciest) possessions. In that case, additional coverage for your big-ticket items is a surefire way to get better protection if your valuables are ever damaged or stolen.
Want more specialized coverages to bulk up your home policy? Consider adding our optional building codes coverage, golf cart coverage, and identity theft expense coverage. For more information regarding coverage options, feel free to give us a ring at 1-866-439-5633. Our agents are available at these times.
Chicago car insurance
Want the best protection for your car? Read up on policy coverages, discounts, and driver info in Chicago.
6 tips to help prevent home burglary
What do your trash, bushes, and neighbors have to do with your home security and property insurance? A lot, actually.
More about homeowners insurance
Notice to Illinois Policyholders Affected by the Flooding in July 2017
Illinois Department of Insurance — Company Bulletin 2017-03
Notice re: Cancellation, Non-renewal and Premium Payments
Issue Date: July 17, 2017
Effective date: July 12, 2017 to September, 30, 2017
Esurance is taking the following actions to implement Company Bulletin 2017-03 and to better protect our policyholders in the following counties that have been declared disaster areas: Cook, Kane, Lake, and McHenry.
- Moratorium on cancellations and nonrenewals: Esurance will withdraw any cancellation or nonrenewal notice issued on or after July 12, 2017, on any in-force policy issued to an affected policyholder and/or property. In addition, Esurance will not issue any new cancellation or nonrenewal notices to affected policyholders and/or property until September 30, 2017, or a later time if deemed reasonable given an individual consumer's circumstances.
- Other insurance-related time-period extensions: Esurance will grant affected policyholders an extension of any and all policy provisions or other requirements that impose a time limit for an insured or claimant to perform any act, including the submission of a claim or proof of loss, reporting of information, submission of bills, or payment of funds. Such extension shall be for a minimum of 60 days from the last date allowed or required under the terms of the contract or allowed or required by Esurance, or longer if deemed reasonable given an individual consumer's circumstances.
- Time-period extension for repairs: In the event repairs on affected property cannot be completed within the time period required under any policy, or within the 90-day time period for repairs prior to termination due to condition of the property [215 ILCS 5/143.27], Esurance will provide consumers with an extension of not less than 60 days to make such repairs.
- Cancellation or nonrenewal respecting affected property: Although otherwise allowed under Illinois law, Esurance will refrain from canceling or nonrenewing insurance policies respecting affected property due to "increase in the risk originally accepted" [215 ILCS 5/143.21 and 143.21.1] or due to the geographic location of the risk [215 ILCS 5/155.22].
- Other exceptions to policy or contract requirements or rating or underwriting rules: Esurance will consider exceptions to policy or contract requirements, or to other rating or underwriting rules not otherwise listed herein, when such contractual requirements or rating or underwriting rules are not met as a result of this disaster. Exceptions to policy or contract requirements or rating or underwriting rules include instances where an insured is displaced from his or her home and is unable to obtain non-emergency medical services from a network provider.
- Availability of the Illinois Department of Insurance: Please be advised that for any disaster-related disputes or issues, consumers may call the Department's toll-free complaint hotline at 1-866-445-5364, or file a complaint online at https://mc.insurance.illinois.gov/messagecenter.nsf