keep your home and belongings protected with a flood insurance policy

Call 1-866-351-3059.

(M–F, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. ET)

Or get a quote by email.

Why do you need flood insurance?

  • Most insurance policies don't cover flood-related damages
  • Floods are the most common natural disaster in the United States
  • From 2008 to 2012, the average flood claim was nearly $42,000*
letter E icon

get peace of mind for when the flood waters rise with reliable insurance coverage

The idea of preparing for a flood is incredibly intimidating. It's hard enough to safeguard your home and the stuff inside without having to worry about paying for any potential damages on your own. Fortunately, Esurance can help you get a free quote for flood insurance coverage underwritten by the National Flood Insurance Program. More [+]

water drops icon

flood damage vs. water damage

Flood insurance only applies to water damage that is directly related to a flood. Flooding can occur due to a variety of situations, including heavy rains, tropical storms, melting snow, insufficient drainage systems, and even failed protective devices such as levees and dams.

Coverage doesn't apply to preventable water damage, like that caused by moisture, mildew, or mold. It also won't apply in the case of damage caused by sewer or drain backup (unless a flood specifically caused the backup).

house flooded icon

what flood insurance covers

Flood insurance policies cover damage to your property and possessions, though the protection varies. Building property coverage covers the structure of your home, while personal property coverage protects the possessions you keep there. For the best liability coverage for your home and valuables, it's a good idea to get both forms of coverage.

Both types of coverage help pay for the repair and/or replacement of the covered items listed below (up to the limit you select when you purchase coverage). More [+]

elevated house icon

increased cost of compliance coverage

Most NFIP policies include Increased Cost of Compliance (ICC) coverage, which applies to insured buildings when flood damage is significant. In order to qualify for ICC coverage, you have to have building property coverage. ICC coverage provides up to $30,000 of the cost to elevate, relocate, or demolish the building or even flood-proof structures with qualified basements.

If your building is declared substantially damaged by your community, you'll be required to bring your building up to current building standards. ICC coverage can help pay those costs.

Get a flood insurance quote and see how much you can save.

Call 1-866-351-3059 (M–F, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. ET) or you can get a quote by email.

More about flood insurance

Looking for another insurance product?