All drivers in California are required to carry basic liability auto insurance, which helps pay for others' accident-related expenses if you're ever found at fault in an incident.
Golden State residents must carry at least the following coverage limits for liability insurance:
- $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person
- $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per incident
- $5,000 of property damage coverage per incident
These limits are often expressed as 15/30/5. You always have the option of choosing higher limits — these are just the legal starting point.
Did a stray ball from Petco Park smash your windshield? These additional San Diego auto insurance coverages can help safeguard you (and your wallet) in the event of a claim:
- Comprehensive and collision
- Customized parts and equipment
- Uninsured motorist bodily injury
- Medical and funeral services payments