ATV insurance basics
ATV riders are fond of the word "can." As in, I can drive that path, or I can climb that boulder. At Esurance, we're here to encourage that can-do attitude by making sure you can financially protect your ATV with reliable insurance.
First off, what is an ATV?
The term "ATV" (all-terrain vehicle) describes a bevy of off-road vehicles, including trikes, 4x4s, and quad bikes.
ATVs are defined by their handlebar-style steering and uncovered seating for a single rider. This type of vehicle (essentially a 4-wheeled dirt-bike) is what most of us visualize when we think of ATVs. They can be broken down into 3 sub-categories: utility ATVs (for work), sport ATVs (for sport), and 4x4s (for truly off-road sport).
What does ATV insurance cover?
ATVs are built to take a beating on the trails, but accidents (and injuries) do happen.
With reliable ATV insurance, you can rest easy knowing that you and your ATV are financially protected. The ATV insurance offered through Esurance includes the following coverage options:
- Bodily injury and property damage liability: can help pay for injuries and repairs after at-fault accidents up to the limits you select (this may be required, depending on your state and where you ride)
- Comprehensive coverage: covers unforeseen events like theft, vandalism, or an accident with an animal
- Collision coverage: can help pay for repairs after an ATV accident
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: offers financial protection in case you're injured or your ATV is damaged in an accident caused by a rider without sufficient liability coverage
Factors that can affect the cost of your ATV insurance policy
Just like car insurance, several factors influence the cost of your policy. They include:
- The type of ATV you drive (utility ATV, sport ATV, or 4x4)
- The year, make, and model of your ATV
- Your driving record
- The coverages, limits, and deductibles you choose
- Discounts you score
Discounts that may be available
By shopping for ATV insurance through Esurance, you may be able to take advantage of money-saving discounts. When insuring more than one ATV under the same policy, for example, you could receive a discount of 10 to 35 percent, depending on the number of vehicles you want to insure. And if you're a safe driver without any at-fault claims on your record, you might qualify for the Responsible Driver discount.
Other discounts that could be available from our partner:
- Claims-Free Renewal discount
- Paid in Full discount
- Safety Course discount
- Motorcycle Association Membership discount
- Homeowner discount
- Prompt Payer discount
Each state's Department of Motor Vehicles has different insurance requirements, so check with yours to see whether ATV insurance is required before you start shopping.
Once you're well-informed and ready, you can start your free ATV insurance quote here or give us a call at 1-866-455-1980.
ATV insurance FAQs
Here you'll find answers to all kinds of questions, from coverage options to discounts and claims.