georgia car insurance
As long as Georgia's on your mind, you may find yourself pondering its car insurance requirements. Here you'll find the coverages drivers in the Peach State need to carry and learn what perks we offer to Georgia drivers like you.
Georgia car insurance
Georgia requires its drivers to carry the following liability coverages:
- $25,000/50,000 bodily injury liability coverage per person/per incident
- $25,000 property damage liability coverage per incident
These are the lowest legal limits you can select as a Georgia driver. When you customize your policy, you'll be able to choose higher limits if you prefer.
Factors that can influence what you pay for your Georgia policy
- Past driving record and claim history
- Make and model of your car
- ZIP Code
- Expected annual mileage
- Prior insurance history
- Gender, age, and marital status
- Credit-based insurance score
Uninsured drivers in Georgia
A 2011 report from the Insurance Research Council estimated that 16 percent of Georgia drivers were uninsured, which was higher than the national average of 13.8 percent.
Proof of car insurance
Georgia requires you to carry your insurance policy info card in the car with you whenever you're behind the wheel.
Esurance in Georgia
We first offered car insurance coverage to Georgia drivers in 2000.
Optional car insurance coverages in Georgia
- Comprehensive coverage
- Collision coverage
- Medical and funeral services coverage
- Uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage
- Uninsured motorist property damage coverage
- Emergency road service coverage
- Rental car coverage
- Customized parts and equipment coverage
- Loan/lease gap coverage
Esurance discounts offered when you buy your Georgia policy
- Claim-Free discount
- Good Student discount
- Defensive Driver discount
- Fast 5® discount (save 5 percent for starting a quote online)
- Homeowners discount
- Multi-Car discount
- Paid in Full discount
- Switch & Save® discount
Some exclusions may apply. If you already have an Esurance policy, call us at 1-800-ESURANCE (1-800-378-7262) if you have questions about your discounts.
Car repair shops in Georgia
If you're an Esurance customer and you take your car to a shop in our E-star network, you can track your repairs online through RepairView® and share them via Facebook (if you're into that). And your repairs will be guaranteed for as long as the car's yours.
Find an E-star repair shop near you.
Info for Georgia drivers
Browse through facts and stats galore.
Esurance Coverage Counselor®
Get a personalized, customized Georgia policy recommendation in just a couple minutes.