colorado car insurance
From legal requirements to Esurance perks, find the Colorado car insurance info you're looking for right here.
Colorado car insurance
Colorado requires its drivers to carry liability insurance with at least the following limits:
- $25,000/50,000 bodily injury liability coverage (per person, per accident)
- $15,000 property damage liability coverage per accident
You'll often see these numbers written as 25/50/15. You can choose higher limits to have more coverage when you customize your policy.
Uninsured drivers in Colorado
A recent report from the Insurance Research Council (IRC) found that 15 percent of Colorado drivers were uninsured.
While it is optional from a legal perspective, uninsured motorist coverage offers financial protection if you're ever in an accident caused by an uninsured driver.
No proof of insurance
Keep your car insurance ID card in your car at all times. Failure to provide proof upon request can result in a 4-point penalty on your driving record and a fine.
How we calculate your Colorado premium
Colorado car insurance companies (like Esurance) can use the following factors to determine your car insurance rates:
- At-fault car accidents and violations in the past 3 to 5 years
- Credit-based insurance score
- Where you live
- Gender and age
- Marital status
- Your car's make and model
- Prior insurance history
- The limits and deductibles you select
Esurance in Colorado
We first brought our car insurance to Colorado drivers back in 2002.
Optional car insurance coverages in Colorado
- CarMatch Rental Coverage®
- Collision coverage
- Comprehensive coverage
- Custom parts and equipment coverage
- Loan/lease gap coverage
- Medical and funeral service coverage
- Towing and labor coverage
- Uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage
- Uninsured motorist property damage coverage
Esurance discounts offered when you buy a policy in Colorado
- Anti-Theft Device discount
- Claim-Free discount
- Defensive Driver discount
- Fast 5® discount (for starting a quote online)
- Good Student discount
- Homeowners discount
- Multi-Car discount
- Paid in Full discount
- Safety Device discount
Discounts are subject to eligibility. If you're a current policyholder with questions about your discounts, give us a call at 1-800-ESURANCE (1-800-378-7262).
Car repair shops in Colorado
As an Esurance customer, you can take your damaged car to any body shop. But if you choose a shop in our E-star® network, you can take advantage of RepairView® online repair monitoring and have your repairs guaranteed for as long as the car is yours.
Find a repair shop near you.
Facts, laws, and stats for Colorado drivers
Insurance is just part of savvy Colorado driving. Get the scoop on Colorado's rules of the road right here.
Esurance's Coverage Counselor®
We'll help you customize a Colorado car insurance policy to meet your needs.