Car insurance in Maine must include a few coverages: liability coverage, uninsured motorist coverage, and medical payments coverage.
Maine liability insurance
You'll need Maine liability insurance with at least the following limits:
- $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per person
- $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per incident
- $25,000 of property damage coverage per incident
When getting your Maine car insurance quote, you may also be able to choose a combined single limit policy for your Maine liability insurance (which combines bodily injury and property damage liability) of $125,000 per incident.
Other Maine auto insurance requirements
Maine drivers are also required to carry:
- $50,000 of uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage per person
- $100,000 of uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage per incident
- $2,000 of medical payments coverage
With most providers, you could add these coverages to your Maine car insurance policy:
- Comprehensive coverage
- Collision coverage
- Loan/lease gap coverage
- Rental reimbursement coverage
- Towing and labor services
Depending on your provider, additional coverage options may be available.